May 1, 2019 Subject:
Anarchy Radio 12th Feb 2019 podcast review:
Weekly podcast hosted by John Zerzan, an influential anarcho-primitivist, deep green, anti-civilisation activist and writer since the 1960s. He lives in northwest USA. The podcast is broadcast on the University of Oregon's radio station, KWVA and online via *http://johnzerzan.net/radio/*. Each edition usually includes talk, guests, phone-in and a little music.
This edition is a studio discussion touching on various subjects.
- Learning from history
- US unions, Seattle Strike and 1999 protests. Unions tried to keep members away from anarchist activism. 4:00 appx
- New action strikes, reflecting on moments of confrontation 6:00 appx
- Clothing/fashion for after the apocalypse! 8:00 appx
- 'ASMR' (Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response); relaxing 'brain tingle' sensation triggered by gentle, whispering videos. First mentioned in the previous episode this time from personal experience. 9:00 appx
- Superbowl: the nature of sport; popularity media of sport/entertainment industry is in decline 13:00 appx
- Noam Chomsky on moral depravity and electoral politics. 17:00 appx
- Despair, mass shootings ... 19:00 appx
- 'Becoming Animal' new film based on book by David Abram, about separation from the sensuous world 21:00 appx
- 2018 was 4th warmest year on record, 2019 will be warmest yet, heating is speeding up 25:00 appx
- Geo-engineering 26:00 appx
- Keystone oil pipeline 27:00 appx
- The goodness paradox, by Richard Wrangham 28:00 appx
- Self-lacing shoes !?
- 'Rent a friend' ... 1/3 of peple are isolated and lonely
- Douglas Rushkoff's, new book Team Human
- Action reports including the 'Yellow Vest' protests in France
- Allergic reactions on the increase
- 'Fauxtography' manipulation of digital images 52:00 appx
- Hope or despair; talking or not talking; nihilism; discussed with a caller, from 53:00 appx, to the end